AYSC’s Fall 2021/2022 U5-U10 season kickoff will take place Saturday September 18 – we’re excited to get the season started!
We’ve had record registrations this year, resulting in a lot of planning by our volunteer Executives behind the scenes to get organized for the season.
Season Kickoff: Saturday September 18
Age group times are as follows:
- Date: Saturday September 18
- Location: Aldergrove Athletic Park (AAP), behind Betty Gilbert Middle School – view Google map
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am U5/U6 (East Turf)
- 8:15 am – 9:15 am U7/U8 (West Turf)
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am U9/U10 (East Turf)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME TO THE FIELD FOR THE CORRECT TIME FOR YOUR AGE GROUP.
AYSC Fall 2021/2022 Season Details
The first few weeks of September provides the Club an opportunity to assess players and set balanced teams and schedules. From September 18–September 25, AYSC’s Club coaches will be running station-based “skills and drills” with all players and volunteer team leaders. Players will be assigned a team at the end of September, and a formal game schedule will be released at that time.
Ever wonder what challenges go into creating a youth sports league schedule? See How Developmental Schedules Get Created.
U5/U6 – 10 Teams
- Saturdays 8:30 am – game at AAP from September to December
- Wednesdays 5:45 pm – split practice / game at AAP from September to December
- U5/U6 season ends at Christmas break, but AYSC may offer training opportunities for this group in January / February if there is interest
U7/U8 – 10 Teams
- Saturdays 8:15 am – game at AAP from September to February
- Wednesdays 5:45 pm – split practice / game at AAP from September to February
- season ends at end of February
U9/U10 – 8 Teams
- Saturdays at either 9:45 am or 11:00 am (rotating) – game at AAP from September to February
- Wednesdays 7:00 pm or Thursdays 5:45 pm – split practice / game at AAP from September to February
- 4 teams will run on Wednesdays 7:00 pm; 4 teams will run on Thursdays 5:45 pm
- Requests for placement on a specific evening’s U9/U10 teams will be taken shortly
- season ends at end of February
Please note that for the kickoff day Saturday September 18, ALL U9/U10s should come for 10:00 am.
No AYSC Activities Thanksgiving Weekend
There will be no AYSC activities on the Thanksgiving weekend.
All players will be provided with blue jerseys, shorts, and socks. Games will be played with one team wearing pinnies. Some temporary player shuffling may occur in-game to promote fair play, per BC Soccer guidelines.
Uniforms will be handed out once teams are formed.
Volunteer Team Leaders / Assistant Leaders Still Needed
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE STILL REQUIRE SEVERAL VOLUNTEER TEAM LEADERS / ASSISTANT LEADERS. One of the biggest challenges we have in organizing the season is that not enough volunteers step forward early enough. WE CANNOT CREATE TEAMS OR SCHEDULES UNTIL WE HAVE VOLUNTEER TEAM LEADERS, IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.
Please contact email@example.com ASAP if you would be willing to volunteer.
Photo Day – Sunday October 31
Photo Day is set for the morning of Sunday October 31, 2021. Watch your email for further details.
At present we are not under any significant COVID-19 restrictions. However, to ensure we can continue to play throughout the Fall and to keep our community safe, we strongly encourage the following:
- only one adult per player-family at the field
- masks recommended for everyone from the parking lot to the field (no masks required on-field)
- hand sanitization on entry and exit