How to Apply
To apply, please complete and print the scholarship application form and submit to the Club via postal mail (see Contact for mailing address).
Scholarship Application Rules & Regulations
1. Scholarships shall be rewarded by the AYSC to any successful applicant who, for three or more years, has played with an AYSC team and who is currently registered with AYSC in their Grade 12 year. Scholarship awards come from general Club funds which are a combination of membership dues, sponsorships and Club fundraising activities.
2. Application for scholarship shall be accepted from:
a. Students proceeding from Grade 12 to any university in the province or other secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
b. Students already attending a post-secondary institute, but who are under 19 years of age as of December 31 of the previous year.
3. Candidates must complete the application in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered.
4. Scholarships are conditional, in that the funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof that he / she is attending a post-secondary institute approved by the Club Executive.
5. A candidate must have the proficiency in soccer as indicated by his / her play and / or have shown worthwhile contributions to the sport, as judged by the Club Executive, in the area of refereeing, coaching or Club or district administration.
6. A candidate must have a minimum C+ average.
7. A candidate must have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership.
8. The following must accompany the application:
a. A letter from the principal or post-secondary administrator certifying the candidate’s age, scholarship, character and ability, as well as participation in school activities.
b. A transcript of the student’s marks or a photocopy of the Permanent Record Card. If neither is available, a typed copy of the Permanent Record Card verified by the principal’s or secondary administrator’s signature will be accepted.
c. A letter from a Club or district official indicating the candidate’s character, leadership examples, participation in community activities, as well as information regarding the candidate’s soccer ability or contribution to refereeing, coaching or administrative involvement.
d. A personal reference letter from a family friend, coach, or teacher regarding the candidate’s character.
9. It is the responsibility of the candidate to see that the application is complete and that all required information, documentation and letters are enclosed with the application.
10. The Club Executive will not enter into correspondence with any scholarship applicant or his or her agent. The decision of the Executive is final.