Thank you to everyone to date who has volunteered to be an AYSC Coach or Team Leader this season!
We still need volunteers – please consider volunteering ASAP by visiting https://www.aldergrovesoccer.com/volunteer/.
AYSC aims to provide the best possible environment for our players and we strive to give our volunteers as much support as possible. Improving our coaching knowledge and skill helps with this goal.
With this in mind the Club has booked a number of Canada Soccer coach education sessions for late October / early November. The courses consist of an online portion, and an on-field session on the dates listed below:
- Active Start – Monday October 23, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (U5/U6 age group) – complete online portion no later than October 13
- Fundamentals – Wednesday October 25, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (U7/U8 age group) – complete online portion no later than October 16
- Learn to Train – Wednesday November 1, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (U9/U10 age group) – complete online portion no later than October 23
- Soccer For Life – Monday October 30, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (U11 and up) – complete online portion no later than October 20
The online work DOES NOT have to be completed in one sitting, but you need your certificate of completion to register for the on-field course work, and it may take BC Soccer up to a week to provide you with your certificate, so please do the online work early! See ‘Note from BC Soccer’ below.
All of the courses are “Completion” type courses – if you complete all materials / sessions you will be certified for that level.
We need a minimum of 12 coaches registered for any session to run the course.
Use the link below to review the courses that might interest you:
Upon completion of your purchase you will receive two emails: one is your receipt and the other provides instructions to start the online course work.
AYSC covers the costs of all soccer courses our volunteers take. Keep your receipts where applicable and submit to email@example.com.
If you are taking a Canada Soccer course for the first time, the system will require you to take “Coaching Soccer in Canada” – unfortunately it is dry material, but once it is done you can move onto the course for which you are registering.
If the night you are planning on taking a course falls on a night when you have AYSC training, please contact Brian Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will ensure your practice is covered.
If you feel stuck with any of the content please reach out for help.
Note from BC Soccer
IMPORTANT! Please communicate the following for your coaches so they can successfully register in time as it will take up to 7-10 days to apply the online theory pre-requisite credit to their Coach Centre account. If they don’t follow these steps, they won’t be able to register for your workshop.
- Create a Coach Centre account at https://www.coachcentre.ca/. If you already have one, please proceed to step 2.
- Then register for the online theory (PART 1) at https://canada-soccer.myshopify.com/collections/grassroots-coaching-education-program. You must use the same Coach Centre full name and email address when you register for the online course.
- It will take 7-10 days from when you complete the online theory course for the credit to be applied to your Coach Centre account and only then can you register for the on-field practical workshop (PART 2) to complete your full certification level. So please do this well in advance!
Taking Courses with Other Clubs
You also have options to take any of these courses with another club if their dates and times work better for you. For example, Abbotsford has a few courses coming up in the next week or two; visit https://www.coachcentre.ca/ to look for sessions. Contact Brian Hunter at email@example.com to obtain a code to register for a course with another club.
Obtaining Your “C Licence”
There are a few steps to achieving Canada Soccer’s C Licence, which is the first step in coaching regional and provincial teams. This level is competency based, so you would need to pass a number of tasks at a level that Canada Soccer deems acceptable.
For more information on Canada Soccer’s C Licence, contact Brian Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have had an amazing response over the past two years getting volunteers certified and it shows on the field, with players gaining from your new knowledge.
Thanks again for your commitment and passion to grow the game in our community.
AYSC Club Coach