Spring Soccer 2021 COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY.
All AYSC members should familiarize themselves with AYSC’s Safety Plan, submitted to and approved by the Township of Langley’s Emergency Operations Centre. The Safety Plan has several documents:
- Core Safety Plan
- Township of Langley Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)-approved “Appendix A” – Safety Guideline Administration
- EOC-approved “Appendix F” – Sport Specific Activity Protocols (Soccer)
- AYSC Board letter approving the Safety Guideline for Facility User Groups
- Field Maps (Ingress & Egress)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME TO THE FIELD FOR THE CORRECT TIME FOR YOUR AGE GROUP. ONLY ONE ADULT PER PLAYER-FAMILY SHOULD COME TO THE FIELD.
See Schedules – Spring Soccer Program for schedules, team assignments, and maps.
Note that due to Township of Langley requirements, spectators will not be allowed at the U7 level and above.
PLEASE NOTE: IF NECESSARY, PARENTS / GUARDIANS CAN WALK THEIR PLAYER BETWEEN THE PARKING LOT AND THE FIELD, BUT MUST NOT REMAIN AT THE FIELD TO WATCH DURING ACTIVITIES.
The portapotty near the East turf field may remain closed. Please be aware that the closest washroom is some distance away, at the Rotary Field House (near the baseball diamonds).
AYSC’s Player Check-In / COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire must be completed before EVERY on-field session before players come to the park.
Team Leaders / Coaches are able to review check-ins in real time. IF YOU FAIL TO CHECK IN BEFORE YOUR SESSION YOUR PLAYER MAY BE TURNED AWAY AT THE FIELD.
Please bookmark this page:
This form is only available on training days.
Pro tip: The form can also be used as a quick reminder of what Field # you should be at / who your Team Leader / Coach is:
There are four COVID-related questions:
- Is the player experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, chills, fever, muscle aches, loss of sense of smell or taste)? (ANSWER WILL TYPICALLY BE NO)
- Has the player’s temperature been checked before coming to the field, and is it within normal range (35.5°C-37.5°C / 95.9°F-99.5°F)? (ANSWER WILL TYPICALLY BE YES)
- Has the player been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19? (ANSWER WILL TYPICALLY BE NO)
- Has anyone in the player’s household travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days? (ANSWER WILL TYPICALLY BE NO)
If you answer YES to questions #1, #3, or #4 and/or NO to question #2, you must STAY HOME, DO NOT TRAIN. DO NOT COME TO THE TRAINING FACILITY. YOU MUST BE SYMPTOM-FREE FOR 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU CAN RETURN TO AYSC ACTIVITIES.
General Safety Information
- please social distance as you move between the parking lot and the field
- masks required for everyone from the parking lot to the field
- no masks required on-field for players; Team Leaders / Coaches must wear masks
- only one adult per player-family at the field
- please enter ONLY through the indicated areas on field maps so that the Club can manage our COVID-19 protocols
- hand sanitization on entry and exit
We encourage all parents / guardians to wear a mask at all times while at the field and to practice social distancing and good hand hygiene.