Updated Spring soccer information and rules has been posted to the AYSC website.
Parents / Team Leaders, please note that season scores are not kept – games are for fun! There should be no “running up” the score – PLAYERS ON BOTH SIDES ARE NOT REALLY HAVING ANY FUN, OR LEARNING ANY SOCCER SKILLS OR SPORTSMANSHIP, IF THE SCORE IS 15-0.
If the score differential is more than 5 (e.g. 5-0 or 7-2), Team Leaders should adjust the play for a short period to make the game more competitive:
- make your dominant team wait until the opposing team crosses the 2/3 mark before
- allowing them to challenge
- swap a stronger player or two for that night
- have stronger players play as defenders, or only allow them to pass and not shoot on net
- require your team to pass X times before they can shoot on net
See Spring Soccer Program for further details.